About John Alpizar
Protecting the Rights of Those Facing Serious Injuries
O. John Alpizar has been involved in civil trial litigation locally in
Brevard County and Palm Bay since 1978. Growing up he wanted to be an
FBI Agent. To be eligible for the FBI, John pursued a law degree in college.
While clerking in Ohio he experienced what a career as a personal injury
attorney was like and he was hooked. He liked helping people, righting
wrongs and leveling the playing field.
John has been helping Palm Bay victims seek justice for more than 40 years.
He has obtained numerous million dollar
verdicts and settlements on behalf of his clients. He has litigated and tried to verdict virtually
every type of Personal Injury,
Wrongful Death case including cases involving
Automobile Accidents, Insurance Company Bad Faith and Premises Liability.
a FREE consultation with John today!
- Florida Bar, 1978
- U.S. District Court for Middle District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals for Eleventh Circuit
- Bethany College (Cum Laude), B.A., 1975
- Capital University, J.D. degree, 1978
Awards and Honors:
- Martindale Hubbell – AV Rating
- Florida Super Lawyers - Top 5% of Attorneys in Florida
- Florida Trend Magazine’s – Legal Elite
Professional Memberships & Leadership Roles:
- Member: American Association for Justice
- Member: Brevard County Bar Association
- Member: Southern Trial Lawyers Association
- Member: Florida Bar Association
- Eagle Member: Florida Justice Association
- Member: Million Dollar Advocates Forum
- 5th District Court of Appeals Judicial Nominating Commission, current-2011
- Former Member: 18th Judicial Circuit, Judicial Nominating Committee, 1987-1991.
- Former Board of Directors, 1982-1989; Treasurer, 1987-1988; Secretary,
1988-1989; President-Elect, 1989-1990; President, 1990-1991): Brevard
County Bar Association
- Former Executive Committee, Worker's Compensation Section, 1986-1989:
The Florida Bar
- Former Legislative Committee, 1984-1985; Chairman-Elect, Worker's Compensation
Section, 1985-1986; Chairman, Worker's Compensation Section, 1986-1987;
Board of Directors, 1986-1987: Florida Justice Association
- Former Member: Florida Bar Grievance Committee, Brevard County, 1984-1987
- Former Member: Capital University Law Review Staff, 1977-1978.
Appointed: Fifth District Court of Appeals Judicial Nominating Commission,
April 2008 (three-year term)
- Appointed by Florida Gov. Charlie Crist
- Author: "Sovereign Rights and Sunken Treasure: Treasure Salvers, Inc.
v. Unidentified and Abandoned Sailing Vessel," 7 Capital University
Law Review, 1977.
- Recent Lectures/Presentations:
- Speaker, Florida Justice Association Convention, West Palm Beach - "Bad
Faith Litigation and Trial Practice"
- North American Brain Injury Society, Annual Conference on Legal Issues
in Brain Injury, 2008
Community Associations & Leadership Activities:
- Sponsor: Drive Alive Public Service Program
- Board of Trustee and Trustee Emeritus: Bethany College
- Member: Brevard Art Museum
- Board of Directors: Florida Business Bank
- Advisory Board: Holy Name of Jesus Catholic Church – Educational Endowment
- Member: Palm Bay Chamber of Commerce
- Member: Space Coast for Marine Conservation
- Former Founding Director, Investor and Board of Directors: Security National
Bank of Brevard.